03 October 2008

I won't be naked!!

Ceremony dress is DONE!!! YAYYYYYYY!!! *Krazy Kermit Arm Dance*

OK, almost done. I somehow only ended up with 19 covered buttons instead of 20 and no little baby snaps for the lingerie straps, so technically I have to cover and sew on one button and two little snaps.

But close enough!! I will be dropping it off with my friend on Monday so she can finish the beading and will give it back to me on Saturday (one day before the wedding!).

The reception dress is baby steps from finishing. Just armhole finishing and hemming--although with that super full skirt, it takes a loooooong time to hem because I do it by hand. But still, absolutely do-able. I would love to have time to add some sparkle, just a bit of beading inside those great box pleats, but I don't think I will. I also have to finish up the petticoat to wear under this one, but it is about halfway done.

Unfortunately, I have to go up to Philadelphia this weekend for work, so I won't be able to stitch on it until Monday when I return. But it is funny, more than half of my suitcase is filled with portable sewing tasks that I can do in the hotel in the evenings. I brought all of the suit fabric and interfacing for The Boy's jacket and hope to have it all cut out this weekend--his pants are finished, but I still have the jacket, vest and tie to make for his suit. I also packed my shoes and some fabric to cover them.

A lot of work ahead, but at least neither of us will be naked at the wedding anymore! Much to the relief of all involved. :-) I won't have internet access again until Monday, but I will post pics of everything then.

3 comments:

Summerset said...

Yay! I can't wait to see it and I know you're relieved!

Becky said...

Congrats on finishing! That must be some huge stress relief.

Marji said...

Big relief, Whew!!
So happy to hear that you're so close to the finish line.
If we don't get to see everything til after the honeymoon, that's ok..
ENJOY yourselves.