27 September 2008

Getting Better....

Here are the latest pics of the reception dress. With a regular bra and a bit of fiddling around the bust area, the fit was instantly better. I also cut some of the excess fabric out from under the arms. As you can see, the fit is MUCH better than before.







There are still some wrinkles that I can't seem to fix. Releasing the side seams didn't help at all. Maybe take more off the back underarm? I don't know if adding a bit of boning would help? Or if this is as good as it gets? I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I would love the fit to be PERFECT, but I think this is at least livable.

4 comments:

Summerset said...

Much better! Boning might help - you could baste some in to see how it looks.

Unknown said...

Did you ever make this work? I am having the same problem with a muslin right now...

Brooke said...

I never got it PERFECT. Taking off a little more under the arms in the back did a lot of good, but there was always a little wrinkle in the waist area in the front. I think if I had added just a little boning/structure it would have been pretty near perfect, but I just didn't have the time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.