I made yet another knit shirt for dancing. This one from Simplicity 3918. My results on this one didn't thrill me though.
I love the fabric--and am kinda sad that I used such a great fabric and had such a blah result. It is a great knit from Fashionista Fabrics.
I made a few changes to the pattern. I added an inch to the bottom length because I wanted to wear it dancing. I ended up taking off the inch again and another inch besides, as the shirt was quite long.
I also did a FBA by basically measuring from my shoulder, over The Girls, to the bottom of my bust. Then I split the pattern at the bustline, hinging at the side seam, and added to the top pattern pieces until the measurement was the same--sorry, not a great description of my process, I should have taken pictures. This was a bit of an experiement for me, which perhaps I should have waited to do until I am more comfortable doing a regular FBA. I think the result ended up a little.....matronly.
I did get complements on the shirt, and it didn't expose anything accidentally, even when swinging to the fastest tempos, so I guess it was a success in that regard. But I don't know that I will make this pattern again unless (I mean UNTIL) I lose the weight I have gained in the past year. I just don't feel it is terribly flattering.