18 June 2007

Not Exactly

I made yet another knit shirt for dancing. This one from Simplicity 3918. My results on this one didn't thrill me though.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I love the fabric--and am kinda sad that I used such a great fabric and had such a blah result. It is a great knit from Fashionista Fabrics.

I made a few changes to the pattern. I added an inch to the bottom length because I wanted to wear it dancing. I ended up taking off the inch again and another inch besides, as the shirt was quite long.

I also did a FBA by basically measuring from my shoulder, over The Girls, to the bottom of my bust. Then I split the pattern at the bustline, hinging at the side seam, and added to the top pattern pieces until the measurement was the same--sorry, not a great description of my process, I should have taken pictures. This was a bit of an experiement for me, which perhaps I should have waited to do until I am more comfortable doing a regular FBA. I think the result ended up a little.....matronly.

I did get complements on the shirt, and it didn't expose anything accidentally, even when swinging to the fastest tempos, so I guess it was a success in that regard. But I don't know that I will make this pattern again unless (I mean UNTIL) I lose the weight I have gained in the past year. I just don't feel it is terribly flattering.

4 comments:

dawn said...

I think you could do wonders for this top just by dropping the V-neck about 2". It doesn't have to be revealing, just a bit deeper. It is great fabric and it fits you well.

Cherie said...

Dawn stole my thoughts exactly! Also, I assume you are wearing your best...ah umhhh...bra also for the best um lift? I can say these things because I so used to have to do all that before visiting a very good plastic surgeon!

Our Prim Nest said...

I like it. I think it is flattering and its inspiring for me. I might try making it. I really like it. The fabric pattern is nice also. Have a great day.

Our Prim Nest said...

I like it. I think it is flattering and its inspiring for me. I might try making it. I really like it. The fabric pattern is nice also. Have a great day.