21 April 2007

42nd Street

I have taken on a really interesting new project (and making some nice moola to do it, even better!). Two costumes for a local high school student for her performance in 42nd Street! And they are even trying to keep a 1930s feel to all the costumes--what fun!

The first is using this Butterick Pattern in a shiny gold fabric:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The second is this Vogue pattern in a dark green satin with silver trim:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The one kicker is that I am on a really really tight deadline--only a little more than a week....EEP!

I'll post pics of the final products next week.

ETA: My poor client didn't get to pick her own fabric and obviously whomever did pick it didn't spend oodles of cash on the fabric for these costumes....I just finished cutting out the gold fabric and my hands are all sparkly shiny! teeheehee!

No comments: