17 June 2009

Fabrics....ARGH!

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am liking the idea of the black/white print with green trim, and I am betting that will be easier to find than the purple. But if I trip over a suitable purple print, I am still open to the idea.

The fabric stores are killing me....there is this one, a silk/rayon blend, how perfect would it be!!!!!

But....OUT OF STOCK! BASTARDS!

Then there is this one....

But it is all cotton, not suitable to the dress.

I have also found these guys....


I kinda dig that first one, but not sure if the colors would be right in person and it might be hard to find a trim fabric that would match. And I am kinda hoping to NOT use a sheer....mostly out of laziness.

I just got a G Street coupon, so perhaps I will wander that way this weekend.

The search continues.....

ETA: Have I been smoking the pink fabric crack pipe too much? would a pink with green trim be freaky-deaky? Cause I am grooving on these fabrics a litttle bit....



ETA again: Some more options....I rather like the first one, but it might be too bright for a wedding and just too wacky with the shoes.

4 comments:

Summerset said...

Personal opinion, yes pink with green trim might be a tad too much for a wedding. I like the very last two fabrics shown - if you're looking for pink. I also like the third black/white print in the second set of fabrics shown. They look like little lollipops.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

I love that pink circley/swirly fabric, but agree that green trim might be too much. I also love the lollipops.

a little sewing said...

it is scary to make a choice based on a little picture on the screen. Having said that, yeah the first one is really beautiful and looks to go with the shoes very safely. My next favorite is the 2nd to last one. It looks like the background is raisin and there is a nice green in there to play nicely with the shoes.
And, yes that aqua is fun, but I agree with your thought re:too wacky.
Go to G Street!!!

gwensews said...

I loike that last fabric, and wonder how it would look with the shoes.